What do you need to use mynexuzhealth?
- Your Electronic Identity card (eID) and PIN code.
This was issued by your municipality. If you have forgotten your PIN code you can request it again via the municipal administration or via the eID website.
- An eID card reader.
- A computer with an internet connection and Adobe Flash software.
- Installation of the card reader driver on your computer.
- Installation of the eID software on your computer.
How do you install the card reader?
Before you are able to log in to mynexuzhealth the first time with your electronic identity card you must (1) install the card reader and (2) the eID software. The card readers offered by University Hospitals Leuven are the ACR38 type.
In some systems an installation wizard appears as soon as you connect the card reader to your computer:
- Insert the card reader in the USB port of your computer.
- 'New hardware found' appears. Close the message.
- After a couple of seconds a wizard appears which guides you through the installation.
- Follow the instructions and complete the installation.
- Remove the card reader from the USB port of your computer.
If a wizard does not appear when you insert the card reader in your computer's USB port, you need to download and install the correct driver:
1. Surf to the website: http://www.acs.com.hk/drivers-manual.php?driver=ACR38
2. In the list of drivers for card reader type ACR38 choose the driver that corresponds with your operating system.
3. Click the link to download the driver.
4. Save the file.
5. Extract the zip file: right-click the file and choose 'Extract all'.
6. Then execute the setup file to install the driver.
Attention: if the card reader is not installed in this way, read the instructions on www.cardreaders.be/en for more information on the different types.
How do you install the eID software?
After you have installed the card reader driver, you need to install the eID software.
1. Make sure the card reader is not in your computer's USB port.
2. Surf to http://eid.belgium.be/en/
3. Click the Quickinstall icon:
4. A new page opens. Choose the QuickInstall icon for Windows or Mac, depending on your operating system.
5. Save and execute the QuickInstall file.
6. An installation wizard appears which will guide you. Follow the instructions on the screen.
To test whether the software is correctly installed, you can log in with your eID on the website of the Belgian Federal Treasury: http://www.myminfin.be/
How do you log in to mynexuzhealth?
After installing the card reader and the eID software, you can use the eID card to identify yourself for mynexuzhealth via the internet.
1. Connect the card reader to your computer's USB port.
2. Insert your eID in the card reader.
3. Open an internet browser and surf to http://www.mynexuz.be.
4. Under Log on with choose 'electronic identity card (eID)'.
5. Choose you language.
6. Click the LOGIN icon.
7. Click the 'Identification via 'electronic identity card' link.
8. Check whether the certificate is correct.
9. Enter your PIN code. This is the PIN code that belongs to your eID card.
10. Click OK if the identification details are correct.
11. After a couple of seconds the mynexuzhealth splash screen appears.
What to do in case of problems?
If you have any problems with the installation of the software for the card reader or the eID, please first check the government's eID website: http://eid.belgium.be/. You will find answers to most questions here.
If you still experience problems you can contact the mynexuzhealth helpdesk of University Hospitals Leuven:
- Contact the mynexuzhealth helpdesk via the contact form: Questions or problems with mynexuzhealth
- Or by telephone: 016 34 83 48 (only during office hours)
For more information about mynexuzhealth, please read ‘What is mynexuzhealth?’